The BirdDog Group understands the business plan development process. It's our job to research, analyze, develop, and edit business and marketing plans for existing and startup enterprises. We conduct business and marketing plan analysis, identify strengths and weaknesses, and suggest actions to take for improving the client's planning, marketing, operational and financial strategies.
For New Businesses
The highest priority for a business plan consultant developing a start-up business plan is to determine the feasibility of the proposed venture. If feasible, the capital requirements are a critical factor in getting started. The business plan process includes:
- Articulate the business concept.
- Determine feasibility of the business with market research.
- Determine startup costs.
- Determine operational costs including the acquisition of fixed assets.
- Develop sales projections.
- Develop financial projections.
- Determine capital requirements.
For Existing Businesses
Existing businesses change and this may require expansion, mergers and acquisitions, or downsizing. These changes will change the marketing mix, the work flow, and the cost structure of the firm; in turn, this may create new capital requirements. For an existing business we will:
- Explore the potential target markets for re-engineered opportunity.
- Evaluate existing products and services for fit.
- Conduct competitive analysis.
- Measure the effectiveness of existing distribution channels.
- Evaluate all costs for expansion, re-engineering, or downsizing.
- Evaluate capital required of ownership, venture capital, or bank loans.
- Consider advantages and disadvantages of all financing options.
Careful planning helps the business owner get to where they want to be (not just where they end up).